Today I want to share with you a little tip that will help you keep sandwiches closed on the go, will make them easier to eat and there will be less mess! Am I promising too much? Not at all!
We all make sandwiches at some point in our life. Whether is office or school lunch, a weekend picnic, to eat in the train…. sandwiches, pita bread pockets, wraps, baguettes… food sandwiched between an edible top and bottom, is usually our go-to-food to eat “on the go”.
I tend to get a bit creative when I am making sandwiches. I mean, just because I am eating a sandwich it doesn’t mean that it has to be plain and boring, right? The problem is that the more ingredients you put in, the harder will be to keep it closed.
The boys used to come home from school frustrated because their sandwiches were very messy by lunch time. From all the rattling inside the lunch box, the sandwich was pretty much deconstructed by the time they went to eat it making it difficult to pick them up or do anything with it.
In order to keep all your ingredients inside the sandwich and avoid mess is to wrap it in cling film or tin foil. That will certainly keep your sandwich neat. But, if you are like me and you are not a great fan of cling film, and/or you have run out of it, and/or if you like reusing your containers, there is a very simple solution for you.
NO MORE MESSY SANDWICHES – HOW TO
- Make your sandwich. Put all the ingredients you want in it. Yes, as many as you want
- Cut your sandwich in half if required.
- Get a sheet of kitchen paper and cut 2 strips from it. The width of the strip will depend on how big your sandwich is. The bigger the sandwich, the thicker the kitchen roll strip should be.
- Fold the strips lengthwise to make them more resistant.
- Wrap the folded kitchen paper strip around your sandwich.
- Secure with some tape.
- Ta dah!
- Repeat procedure for other sandwiches.
This tip works perfectly well with baguettes, wraps, burritos, pita bread… anything that needs to be contained, some kitchen roll and tape will contain it! So no more messy sandwiches, lunch boxes or picnics, just wrap it and enjoy it!
Will you try it?
Happy Friday lovely people!
Have an amazing weekend