How are you doing with your Christmas list? Have you got everything bought by now?
I love buying presents, especially for family and friends. I spend time thinking what they would like, what their style is, what they need… I try to strike a balance between what they need and what they would like but they would never buy for themselves…
We often also need to buy presents for colleagues, teachers… people that we may not know all that well and that can be tricky. These presents tend to have budget restrictions set up by the group of people organising it, or by yourself, which makes the buying of a nice present all that more difficult.
I have found 5 very good presents for her under €10 for her that, not only are lovely, but they support the local economy, help communities and are ethically made.
1. Bettyoctopus is a local and insanely talented crafter (and a friend of mine) who makes the most adorable creations with felt. Check out her shop, you will want everything!
2. Oxfam Unwrapped has a wide range of presents for every budget. The Cooking Stove present is a fuel efficient eco-stoves that will provide people with warmth and a way to cook food. They also reduce the need for women to venture in search of firewood into areas where they are at risk of attack – and makes it one of the ways we keep women and girls safe after they’ve been forced to flee their homes in an emergency. It is an amazing gift for anyone.
3. The Body Shop have a good selection of gifts under €10, and for every gift bought, they are Body Shop is making a contribution to War Child to fund education for a child. It is a gift that keeps on giving.
4. Carolyn Donnelly is an amazing Irish designer that sell though Dunnes Stores. I love everything she makes. I love her patterns, her designs, her colours… and she is Irish! I love this tablet case, it is just so pretty!!!
5. Ikram Urban Clothes is a designer based in Dublin who makes hand-made Moroccan inspired beautiful jewellery and sells it through her Etsy shop. You can choose from necklaces to earrings, but this ring has just stole my heart.
I hope this list will help make your buying a little bit easier.
I will be sharing 5 presents for him under €10 soon. Stay tuned.